Midwest Railway Preservation Society Invites You to Visit, Enjoy, Find Out How We Are Growing!
Open House event are from 11 am to 4 pm but the last tour and train rides will be at 3 pm. Everyone must where close toes shoes
$10 per adults $5 for kids from 4 to 12 and all kids 3 and under are free.
The Historic B&O Roundhouse is located at 2800 W. 3rd St. in the Flats.
In our open houses and special tours, learn how railroads helped make Cleveland an industrial giant.
- Climb on board the "Mount Baxter," an original, elegant “parlor coach” from the 1930's which also was used by TriStar Pictures for filming of the movie "The Natural" with Robert Redford.
- Hear the history of the famous “4070” steam locomotive and see her inside the Roundhouse.
- Learn what it was like to be part of a train crew in a caboose.
- Please wear closed-toe shoes as the site is still in rough condition and also please wear weather-appropriate clothing as open houses occur rain or shine.
- Children must be under the supervision of an adult at ALL times.
- Visitors with disabilities are welcome but should know that the site and equipment are NOT ADA-accessible.
Click here for the Google Maps directions to the Historic B&O Roundhouse. Share in our vision to preserve railroadings' past for future generations to learn from and enjoy. For more information or to arrange a special group tour, call (216) 781-3629.